We have a wealth of experience representing owners, developers, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals and sureties in virtually all aspects of the construction experience.
We have drafted and negotiated contracts, and litigated, mediated and arbitrated a full range of claims in the Federal and State Courts of New York and New Jersey. Litigated claims have included contract balances, extra work, delay, lost profits, wrongful termination, design defects and construction defects.
We’ve earned a widely-recognized reputation for understanding the issues and achieving outstanding results for our clients. Our experience covers defending and prosecuting claims arising out of both public and private construction projects including Hudson Yards, NYC coops, South Ferry terminal, Macombs Dam Bridge, Walt Wittman Bridge, Bowery Bay water pollution treatment plant, Flushing Bay water pollution treatment plant, Croton Reservoir, Police Academy, Governors Island and Mercer County Community College.
Our Construction Litigation services include:
- Drafting and negotiating joint venture agreements, general construction and construction management agreements, as well as subcontract agreements;
- Negotiation and resolution of construction disputes;
- Mediation and Arbitration of construction claims and disputes;
- Filing, preserving and resolving mechanics’ and construction lien claims;
- Prosecution and defense of cases involving:
- wrongful termination claims
- termination for convenience
- extra work and contract balance claims
- scope of work and changed conditions
- accelerated construction and delay damages
- lost profits
- mechanics’ lien foreclosures
- payment bonds and performance bonds
- mechanics’ lien bonds
- defective or improper design
- construction defects
- indemnity and contribution
- bid protests